“Taco” Wheel Channel
The heart of the “Set & Forget” positioning system on our bike racks is this taco-shaped wheel channel. It allows bikes of all different sizes to be carried without the need to re-position individual wheel hoops when swapping between longer or shorter bikes on your rack.
- Solid steel
- Powder coated
- Fits all wheel sizes
- Fits tyre sizes up to 3″ wide (max).
- Fits all current and past model GripSport racks.
- Comes with extreme-duty GripSport “cinch” strap.
Please note… For extreme driving situations, or when carrying bikes with very wide tyres, we recommend strapping the wheel down into the taco channel.
Corner clamps, angle main beam & fat bike wheel cradles under licence from Intake Systems International.
GripSport carriers are designed and manufactured right here in Australia by GripSport. Each GripSport bike rack has a lifetime structural guarantee if fitted, used & maintained correctly.
- Accidental Damage – If you run over one of our products with a truck (in other words “accidental damage” where the breakage is your fault) then you’re up for the repair/replacement cost. Similarly, if your product isn’t setup, used or maintained properly then any resultant damage is on you.
- Wear and tear is not covered by warranty (because things like painted/plated finishes, moving parts and rubbers etc have to wear out eventually), but if our product breaks because of faulty workmanship or materials (in other words the breakage is our fault) all you’ve got to do is return it along with details of what happened and if it really was our fault it gets fixed or replaced free of charge.
- ‘Bike Racks for Cars, 4WD’s & SUVs’ are designed for Cars, 4WD’s & SUVs and are NOT covered by any warranty if fitted to the rear of caravans, trailers or camper trailers. Don’t do it.
- ‘Bike Racks for Caravans and Campers’ (both front & rear mounted) must be fitted per the relevant Fitting Guides on our website. If not then there’s no warranty.
Simple really, just the way a guarantee should be… but hardly ever is!
PLEASE NOTE 1: Trailers, LED lamps and custom made (non-standard) “mounting systems” (for caravans, campers and trailers etc) are covered by a 2 year warranty.
PLEASE NOTE 2: We do not accept returns just because someone changes their mind. Our products do exactly what we say they do, they will fit where we say they’ll fit and sorry, but a change of mind is not a valid reason for a refund.
Here’s just a small selection of reviews, comments and customer feedback. If you’re interested in seeing more just CLICK HERE (but you better grab some popcorn… there’s LOTS of ’em)
Just to let you know that I am very pleased with the new bike rack. It is a very professional job and I should have had one years ago! Please pass my thanks on to Andrew and the team.
Just a short note to thank you very much for sending another carrier hook to replace the one I lost. It arrived this morning via a priority courier. What fantastic customer service you provide!!!!
I recently participated in the Gibb River Road Mountain Bike Challenge. This event was a relay race with teams of 2 to 6 riders tagging every 5 km or so, throughout the dayís stage which ranged from 105 km to 230 km from day to day. The key was using a bike carrying systems which protected the bikes from damage and were easy to get on and off. My friend Sam and I used a GripSport Hi-ride double tow bar carrier (see photo 1). It was without doubt the quickest and easiest bike carrier present at the event. The carrier was put through its paces. We headed down the Kurungi track (see photo 2) which was extremely rough. The carrier did its job well. Congratulations on an excellent product.
Collected the rack on Friday arvo from the transport depot. Used it Sat morn – $14k of bikes on it for a 3 hour drive to Margaret River to ride the trails down there. Couldn’t have been happier – very well built, study rack – kept the bikes from touching each other at all. Exactly what I wanted! Very much appreciated and will happily recommend the rack to anyone who is chasing one!
My carrier arrived yesterday and was fitted to my car in 5 minutes flat, and the best bit is that both myself and my petrol head husband are chuffed with the product….good stuff, very well made, stable and secure. Cheers
I took delivery of the carrier during the week and used it for the first time at the week-end. I can’t say how pleased I am with the carrier , easy to set up and perfectly functional. Appreciate your assistance in the swift despatch and the obvious pride you take in supplying a quality product.
I just wanted to let you know I’ve received the bike racks (they were delivered on Friday). I put my 2-bike carrier on my car over the weekend and it’s fantastic! Very simple to use, and I’m really happy with it. I’ll recommend your bike carriers to anyone looking to buy.
I got a DH carrier off you years ago and it’s been fan-bloody-tastic to transport our bikes all over Victoria to races, trails and camp sites. Still totally stoked with it after all these years. I also got a second mount for the rack for our other car, but managed to damage it (my fault entirely) so now it’s hard to get the rack into that particular mount properly. Is there any way for you guys to restore it to it’s former glory?