Quick Grip quick release hitch – “Up & Out”
Our “Up & Out” carrier is a unique design… allowing you to carry bikes on a top quality bike rack and tow something at the same time. This hitch is what makes that possible.
- ONLY for the “Up & Out” carrier.
- Fits any standard (75mm wide) tow bar tongues per below.
- Fixes to tow bar using your own tow ball.
- Built-in anti-rattle bolt.
- Allows carrier to be padlocked to vehicle/towbar (padlock not included).
- Heavy duty & zinc plated for extra protection.
- Comes complete with Q/R pin and “R” clip.
PLEASE NOTE 1 – There are clearance issues you need to be aware of before using this ‘hitch’. The Up & Out carrier slips in and out of this hitch vertically, so you must ensure there’s enough room for this i.e enough room for the rack to slide up and down (in and out of the hitch) past things like rear mounted spare wheels etc. Take note of the clearances needed (set out below) in order to use this hitch.
PLEASE NOTE 2 – A longer towbar tongue (as shown below) should help with any clearance problem. These are available from any auto accessory store, towbar supplier or eBay etc.
PLEASE NOTE 3 – To use this hitch, your towbar tongue must be turned upwards as shown below.
GripSport carriers are designed and manufactured right here in Australia by GripSport. Each GripSport bike rack has a lifetime structural guarantee if fitted, used & maintained correctly.
- Accidental Damage – If you run over one of our products with a truck (in other words “accidental damage” where the breakage is your fault) then you’re up for the repair/replacement cost. Similarly, if your product isn’t setup, used or maintained properly then any resultant damage is on you.
- Wear and tear is not covered by warranty (because things like painted/plated finishes, moving parts and rubbers etc have to wear out eventually), but if our product breaks because of faulty workmanship or materials (in other words the breakage is our fault) all you’ve got to do is return it along with details of what happened and if it really was our fault it gets fixed or replaced free of charge.
- ‘Bike Racks for Cars, 4WD’s & SUVs’ are designed for Cars, 4WD’s & SUVs and are NOT covered by any warranty if fitted to the rear of caravans, trailers or camper trailers. Don’t do it.
- ‘Bike Racks for Caravans and Campers’ (both front & rear mounted) must be fitted per the relevant Fitting Guides on our website. If not then there’s no warranty.
Simple really, just the way a guarantee should be… but hardly ever is!
PLEASE NOTE 1: Trailers, LED lamps and custom made (non-standard) “mounting systems” (for caravans, campers and trailers etc) are covered by a 2 year warranty.
PLEASE NOTE 2: We do not accept returns just because someone changes their mind. Our products do exactly what we say they do, they will fit where we say they’ll fit and sorry, but a change of mind is not a valid reason for a refund.
Here’s just a small selection of reviews, comments and customer feedback. If you’re interested in seeing more just CLICK HERE (but you better grab some popcorn… there’s LOTS of ’em)
Just a quick email to let you know the hi-ride rack performed faultlessly for our entire trip and I absolutely loved it, both bikes made it to Darwin without a scratch on them. Over 7000kms. I intend to write a proper thank you email, and include photos, which you can publish on the GripSport website. I just need more time to get organised and unpack.
In my opinion, this carrier is by far the best you can get. I love it. So easy to use. And because real “quality” is getting scarce nowadays, I’m just delighted when I get something that works like this AND is built to last!
Have a great day
My carrier arrived yesterday and was fitted to my car in 5 minutes flat, and the best bit is that both myself and my petrol head husband are chuffed with the product….good stuff, very well made, stable and secure. Cheers
Just to let you know that I am very pleased with the new bike rack. It is a very professional job and I should have had one years ago! Please pass my thanks on to Andrew and the team.
We just got the mounting done for the bike rack on our van and thought we would send some photos of the setup. Very happy with the way it’s all turned out. Thanks for all your help. Regards.
We’ve had one of your Hi-Ride 2-bike carrier’s for a few weeks now, and really impressed with how fast & easy it is to fit our bikes, and how sercurely the bikes & carrier are held in place. We regularly carry three odd-size bikes in different combos – 24-inch kid’s MTB, 26-inch FS bike & 96’er hardtail – and it copes well with whatever combination we try. Easy enough to use that my wife can load up the bikes when I’m not around
I recently participated in the Gibb River Road Mountain Bike Challenge. This event was a relay race with teams of 2 to 6 riders tagging every 5 km or so, throughout the dayís stage which ranged from 105 km to 230 km from day to day. The key was using a bike carrying systems which protected the bikes from damage and were easy to get on and off. My friend Sam and I used a GripSport Hi-ride double tow bar carrier (see photo 1). It was without doubt the quickest and easiest bike carrier present at the event. The carrier was put through its paces. We headed down the Kurungi track (see photo 2) which was extremely rough. The carrier did its job well. Congratulations on an excellent product.
I took my new DH carrier on it’s maiden voyage last Saturday and I am impressed! Simple, easy, bike fits nice and snug. What a great system!