Bolt-on Mount (for “Van-Racks”)
Other bike racks are designed for cars… but of course caravans put a LOT more stress on bike racks than cars do.
Which is why the GripSport Bolt-On Mount is heavy duty steel, zinc plated and has been engineered specifically for caravans & camper trailers and the extreme conditions they’re subjected to.
- Comes complete with either a “Tall” or “Short” or “Quick-Release“ main post (see explanations below).
- Weight = 10kg
- Used for fitting ‘Van-Racks’ to caravan & camper trailer “A” frames.
- Suits 1-bike, 2-bike, 3-bike and 4-bike Van-Racks – both “tilting” and “fixed” models.
- Can also be fitted to some rear bumpers. CLICK HERE for important information on fitting bike racks to the rear of caravans and camper trailers.
- Suits fitting methods 1 & 2 in the “Fitting Guide”. CLICK HERE to see the fitting guide.
- Freight free – if ordered along with a Van-Rack.
- All posts are height adjustable per below.
“Tall” post – the most common setup – used on vans and campers where you need to get the bike rack (and bikes) up and over toolboxes, gas bottles and spare wheels etc.
“Short” post – used on vans and campers where height is not an issue.
“Quick-Release” post – ONLY needed for vans and campers with very low pull-out or fold-out beds that setup over the “A” frame (such as Jayco Expanda). For vans like these, both the bikes and rack have to be removed before setting up the bed and these posts have a built-in quick release system allowing bikes and rack to be completely removed (right down to the level of the red arrow) in under 30 seconds. For more pictures and information CLICK HERE
GripSport carriers are designed and manufactured right here in Australia by GripSport. Each GripSport bike rack has a lifetime structural guarantee if fitted, used & maintained correctly.
- Accidental Damage – If you run over one of our products with a truck (in other words “accidental damage” where the breakage is your fault) then you’re up for the repair/replacement cost. Similarly, if your product isn’t setup, used or maintained properly then any resultant damage is on you.
- Wear and tear is not covered by warranty (because things like painted/plated finishes, moving parts and rubbers etc have to wear out eventually), but if our product breaks because of faulty workmanship or materials (in other words the breakage is our fault) all you’ve got to do is return it along with details of what happened and if it really was our fault it gets fixed or replaced free of charge.
- ‘Bike Racks for Cars, 4WD’s & SUVs’ are designed for Cars, 4WD’s & SUVs and are NOT covered by any warranty if fitted to the rear of caravans, trailers or camper trailers. Don’t do it.
- ‘Bike Racks for Caravans and Campers’ (both front & rear mounted) must be fitted per the relevant Fitting Guides on our website. If not then there’s no warranty.
Simple really, just the way a guarantee should be… but hardly ever is!
PLEASE NOTE 1: Trailers, LED lamps and custom made (non-standard) “mounting systems” (for caravans, campers and trailers etc) are covered by a 2 year warranty.
PLEASE NOTE 2: We do not accept returns just because someone changes their mind. Our products do exactly what we say they do, they will fit where we say they’ll fit and sorry, but a change of mind is not a valid reason for a refund.
Here’s just a small selection of reviews, comments and customer feedback. If you’re interested in seeing more just CLICK HERE (but you better grab some popcorn… there’s LOTS of ’em)
Hi john just a quick email to say that the bike carrier is excellent. Have been away with it and even done some 4wd with it and it was great. Job well done. I love it. Thank you.
I recently participated in the Gibb River Road Mountain Bike Challenge. This event was a relay race with teams of 2 to 6 riders tagging every 5 km or so, throughout the dayís stage which ranged from 105 km to 230 km from day to day. The key was using a bike carrying systems which protected the bikes from damage and were easy to get on and off. My friend Sam and I used a GripSport Hi-ride double tow bar carrier (see photo 1). It was without doubt the quickest and easiest bike carrier present at the event. The carrier was put through its paces. We headed down the Kurungi track (see photo 2) which was extremely rough. The carrier did its job well. Congratulations on an excellent product.
Thanks so much, not only is the carrier tops you guys have a great customer service too!!:)) I will continue to send all the spying eyes on my carrier to your website. You guys are great. Much appreciated
Thanks for the email and all the help by phone. As you may remember I went with your fourth option for mounting a carrier to our caravan and we’re very happy with the end result.
My carrier arrived yesterday and was fitted to my car in 5 minutes flat, and the best bit is that both myself and my petrol head husband are chuffed with the product….good stuff, very well made, stable and secure. Cheers
Received the hi-ride t/bar carrier today – very impressed! Looks great and very secure.. Have quite a few people coming to look so hopefully, there will be more orders from Horsham coming your way. Thank you for your assistance and promptness in delivery.
Just a quick email to let you know the hi-ride rack performed faultlessly for our entire trip and I absolutely loved it, both bikes made it to Darwin without a scratch on them. Over 7000kms. I intend to write a proper thank you email, and include photos, which you can publish on the GripSport website. I just need more time to get organised and unpack.
Hi,I recently purchased a High-Ride carrier. I love the simplicity of this unit, it only takes a couple of minutes to fit and loading the bike on/off the rack is definitely the quickest for any bike rack I have seen. Thanks again for a great product.Regards.