Bike Carrier Mount – Hitch
- Perfect for DIY projects.
- Simple bolt-on fitting.
- Lets you fit your own bike rack to your van or trailer.
- Engineered to the highest standards – all steel, heavy-duty and zinc plated for superior rust protection.
- Fits to 50mm x 75mm RHS (rectangular box section steel) such as a caravan’s rear bumper.
- Provides a fixing point for “hitch” mounted bike racks requiring a 50×50 (2″) tow bar receiver.
- Must NOT be used for towing.
- Can NOT be used to mount GripSport “Van-Racks”. CLICK HERE to see the mounting system for the “Van-Racks”.
IMPORTANT – While we absolutely guarantee our own products, we can NOT guarantee what they get bolted to (such as your van’s rear bumper) or the bike rack you choose to use on our product. Please CLICK HERE for important information on fitting bike racks to the rear of caravans and camper trailers.
GripSport carriers are designed and manufactured right here in Australia by GripSport. Each GripSport bike rack has a lifetime structural guarantee if fitted, used & maintained correctly.
- Accidental Damage – If you run over one of our products with a truck (in other words “accidental damage” where the breakage is your fault) then you’re up for the repair/replacement cost. Similarly, if your product isn’t setup, used or maintained properly then any resultant damage is on you.
- Wear and tear is not covered by warranty (because things like painted/plated finishes, moving parts and rubbers etc have to wear out eventually), but if our product breaks because of faulty workmanship or materials (in other words the breakage is our fault) all you’ve got to do is return it along with details of what happened and if it really was our fault it gets fixed or replaced free of charge.
- ‘Bike Racks for Cars, 4WD’s & SUVs’ are designed for Cars, 4WD’s & SUVs and are NOT covered by any warranty if fitted to the rear of caravans, trailers or camper trailers. Don’t do it.
- ‘Bike Racks for Caravans and Campers’ (both front & rear mounted) must be fitted per the relevant Fitting Guides on our website. If not then there’s no warranty.
Simple really, just the way a guarantee should be… but hardly ever is!
PLEASE NOTE 1: Trailers, LED lamps and custom made (non-standard) “mounting systems” (for caravans, campers and trailers etc) are covered by a 2 year warranty.
PLEASE NOTE 2: We do not accept returns just because someone changes their mind. Our products do exactly what we say they do, they will fit where we say they’ll fit and sorry, but a change of mind is not a valid reason for a refund.
Here’s just a small selection of reviews, comments and customer feedback. If you’re interested in seeing more just CLICK HERE (but you better grab some popcorn… there’s LOTS of ’em)
Hi GripSport, Just a quick note to let you know Ive used the Hi Ride Carrier with both my mountain and road bikes and I cannot speak highly enough of your product. For the first time I am 100% confident that the bike is safe from damage when being transported. Sure there are cheaper types of carriers out there, but none come close to the quality and design that you have. When you consider the cost of bikes (I can have over 10 grand sitting on the carrier) then the High Ride is as cheap as chips.
Good morning. Just wanted to let you know that I purchased a Hi-Ride carrier off you in October 2007 and I must say itís possibly the best bit of design Iíve seen in along while. Thanks so much.
Received the hi-ride t/bar carrier today – very impressed! Looks great and very secure.. Have quite a few people coming to look so hopefully, there will be more orders from Horsham coming your way. Thank you for your assistance and promptness in delivery.
Just a short note to thank you very much for sending another carrier hook to replace the one I lost. It arrived this morning via a priority courier. What fantastic customer service you provide!!!!
Hi john just a quick email to say that the bike carrier is excellent. Have been away with it and even done some 4wd with it and it was great. Job well done. I love it. Thank you.
Our rack arrived on Friday and had its first outing to a race yesterday. It is fantastically simple and quick to use. The team is all getting together for a launch in a week or two so I’ll take heaps of pics for you when all the bikes are on it.
I just wanted to let you know I used the HI-RIDE rack twice this weekend with my carbon 29er – a 1 ½ hour drive to Lysterfield on Saturday, and a 1 hour drive to Forrest on Sunday. The rack is fabulous – my bike looked and felt secure. It was really easy to put the bike on and take it off, and it doesn’t matter how dirty the bike is when you go home, because it’s up the back rather than dripping mud and dirt onto the roof (when using roof racks). And I have already recommended it to a couple of MTBikers out there. You mentioned you’re developing a rack light for it. Please let me know AS SOON AS that’s available.
Morning Gripsport, I wanted to let you know that you have completely transformed me into a gripsport customer. I have owned and used many different bike racks over the years, both here and overseas, but after owning one of yours for the last year I can honestly say it is hands down the world’s best bike rack. Its strong its simple and it works. Great job.