Bike Carrier Mount – Hitch
- Perfect for DIY projects.
- Simple bolt-on fitting.
- Lets you fit your own bike rack to your van or trailer.
- Engineered to the highest standards – all steel, heavy-duty and zinc plated for superior rust protection.
- Fits to 50mm x 75mm RHS (rectangular box section steel) such as a caravan’s rear bumper.
- Provides a fixing point for “hitch” mounted bike racks requiring a 50×50 (2″) tow bar receiver.
- Must NOT be used for towing.
- Can NOT be used to mount GripSport “Van-Racks”. CLICK HERE to see the mounting system for the “Van-Racks”.
IMPORTANT – While we absolutely guarantee our own products, we can NOT guarantee what they get bolted to (such as your van’s rear bumper) or the bike rack you choose to use on our product. Please CLICK HERE for important information on fitting bike racks to the rear of caravans and camper trailers.
GripSport carriers are designed and manufactured right here in Australia by GripSport. Each GripSport bike rack has a lifetime structural guarantee if fitted, used & maintained correctly.
- Accidental Damage – If you run over one of our products with a truck (in other words “accidental damage” where the breakage is your fault) then you’re up for the repair/replacement cost. Similarly, if your product isn’t setup, used or maintained properly then any resultant damage is on you.
- Wear and tear is not covered by warranty (because things like painted/plated finishes, moving parts and rubbers etc have to wear out eventually), but if our product breaks because of faulty workmanship or materials (in other words the breakage is our fault) all you’ve got to do is return it along with details of what happened and if it really was our fault it gets fixed or replaced free of charge.
- ‘Bike Racks for Cars, 4WD’s & SUVs’ are designed for Cars, 4WD’s & SUVs and are NOT covered by any warranty if fitted to the rear of caravans, trailers or camper trailers. Don’t do it.
- ‘Bike Racks for Caravans and Campers’ (both front & rear mounted) must be fitted per the relevant Fitting Guides on our website. If not then there’s no warranty.
Simple really, just the way a guarantee should be… but hardly ever is!
PLEASE NOTE 1: Trailers, LED lamps and custom made (non-standard) “mounting systems” (for caravans, campers and trailers etc) are covered by a 2 year warranty.
PLEASE NOTE 2: We do not accept returns just because someone changes their mind. Our products do exactly what we say they do, they will fit where we say they’ll fit and sorry, but a change of mind is not a valid reason for a refund.
Here’s just a small selection of reviews, comments and customer feedback. If you’re interested in seeing more just CLICK HERE (but you better grab some popcorn… there’s LOTS of ’em)
I recently participated in the Gibb River Road Mountain Bike Challenge. This event was a relay race with teams of 2 to 6 riders tagging every 5 km or so, throughout the dayís stage which ranged from 105 km to 230 km from day to day. The key was using a bike carrying systems which protected the bikes from damage and were easy to get on and off. My friend Sam and I used a GripSport Hi-ride double tow bar carrier (see photo 1). It was without doubt the quickest and easiest bike carrier present at the event. The carrier was put through its paces. We headed down the Kurungi track (see photo 2) which was extremely rough. The carrier did its job well. Congratulations on an excellent product.
Good morning. Just wanted to let you know that I purchased a Hi-Ride carrier off you in October 2007 and I must say itís possibly the best bit of design Iíve seen in along while. Thanks so much.
I just want to say what a fantastic bike rack. I got my hi-rise last Thursday and love it. Lives up to everything I have heard about them
Hi there,We recently purchased a high ride carrier and tandem adapter kit. It is totally revolutionary and eliminated a lot of swearing (!), as well as padding, straps and concern on the road. Why arenít all carriers this easy?! Thanks so much for a great product and also unbelievably fast service. We imported our tandem bike from the US and would like to recommend your product to them ñ would you ship overseas, because I think there would be a lot of interest. Thanks and regards,
Hey guys, Claude Daronche here. How are you going? These are the photos I promised I would send once I got the downhill bike. The bike rack is fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone. It is definitely top quality and being Australian made makes it even better.
Our rack arrived on Friday and had its first outing to a race yesterday. It is fantastically simple and quick to use. The team is all getting together for a launch in a week or two so I’ll take heaps of pics for you when all the bikes are on it.
Just a quick line to let you know how pleased I am with my 2 bike grip sport carrier. Really is super easy to use and my s-works stumpy (my 4th child) sits on its wheels with no strain on the frame. An excellent product. Also I ordered it when I was serving in Afghanistan and was really well looked after so thank you for that too.
It is easy to be positive about this rack – its an excellent product that i promote widely. The prompt and helpful after sales service also matches the approach of the original sale – I trust you are as successful as you deserve.