“Trailer Rack” 2-bike, for DIY bike trailer
For people who live so far away that it’s just not economical to have a complete trailer shipped to them… or for those folk who already have a trailer and just want the carrier system to go on it… and for the die-hard DIYers out there who just like to do it all themselves.
Got a trailer? Want to turn it into a bike trailer? Better yet, do you want to turn it into a GripSport bike trailer? Well now you can.
In the past, no matter how much you may have wanted a GripSport bike trailer, you probably lived too far away from us to just buy one and have it shipped to you, because this really is a bloody big country we live in… and moving bloody big items around this bloody big country can be bloody expensive!
Well we recognised what a bugger that was and how much you really wanted that bike trailer, so we came up with this do-it-yourself bike trailer rack.
STEP 1… decide how many bikes you want to transport and then you buy yourself the right number of Trailer Racks to suit (each rack holds 2 bikes). All very easy so far, right?
STEP 2… you need a trailer. You can buy one or get one made somewhere local to you. No travel and no freighting a bloody big trailer. Not sure how we could make this any easier.
STEP 3… CLICK HERE to download the fitting guide and have the simple mounting frame made at any welding/engineering/fabricating or “trailer” business in your own area.
STEP 4… load bikes. Go riding. You’re welcome.
- Bikes load or unload in seconds. CLICK HERE for video.Each Trailer Rack carries 2 bikes up to 26kg each.
- Up to 8 bikes can be carried on a standard 6×4 box trailer.
- Fits all bikes. CLICK HERE to see.
- Perfect for big electric bikes.
- Safe for carbon fibre and lightweight alloy bikes.
- Bikes are held completely secure.
- Fully adjustable… to position bikes perfectly without any clashing.
- All steel, zinc plated and powder coated finish.
- Entire carrier system bolts on/off when you just need a “normal” trailer.
- The quickest, simplest, most adjustable and most secure bike holding system of any carrier in the world.
- Set & Forget bike positioning. CLICK HERE to see
- 100% Australian designed & made.
- Guaranteed structurally for life.
- Delivery anywhere in Australia and NZ.
- Weighs 14kg.
- How to assemble and setup your GripSport rack. CLICK HERE to see.
The design features (that’s what something “looks” like… not how it works) of ‘corner clamping screws’ (on all our carriers), the straight, upward-angled main beam (our 2+2 Tilty carrier only) and the ‘Fat-Bike’ Wheel hoops, are owned by Intake Systems International and used under licence.
GripSport carriers are designed and manufactured right here in Australia by GripSport. Each GripSport bike rack has a lifetime structural guarantee if fitted, used & maintained correctly.
- Accidental Damage – If you run over one of our products with a truck (in other words “accidental damage” where the breakage is your fault) then you’re up for the repair/replacement cost. Similarly, if your product isn’t setup, used or maintained properly then any resultant damage is on you.
- Wear and tear is not covered by warranty (because things like painted/plated finishes, moving parts and rubbers etc have to wear out eventually), but if our product breaks because of faulty workmanship or materials (in other words the breakage is our fault) all you’ve got to do is return it along with details of what happened and if it really was our fault it gets fixed or replaced free of charge.
- ‘Bike Racks for Cars, 4WD’s & SUVs’ are designed for Cars, 4WD’s & SUVs and are NOT covered by any warranty if fitted to the rear of caravans, trailers or camper trailers. Don’t do it.
- ‘Bike Racks for Caravans and Campers’ (both front & rear mounted) must be fitted per the relevant Fitting Guides on our website. If not then there’s no warranty.
Simple really, just the way a guarantee should be… but hardly ever is!
PLEASE NOTE 1: Trailers, LED lamps and custom made (non-standard) “mounting systems” (for caravans, campers and trailers etc) are covered by a 2 year warranty.
PLEASE NOTE 2: We do not accept returns just because someone changes their mind. Our products do exactly what we say they do, they will fit where we say they’ll fit and sorry, but a change of mind is not a valid reason for a refund.
Here’s just a small selection of reviews, comments and customer feedback. If you’re interested in seeing more just CLICK HERE (but you better grab some popcorn… there’s LOTS of ’em)
I got a DH carrier off you years ago and it’s been fan-bloody-tastic to transport our bikes all over Victoria to races, trails and camp sites. Still totally stoked with it after all these years. I also got a second mount for the rack for our other car, but managed to damage it (my fault entirely) so now it’s hard to get the rack into that particular mount properly. Is there any way for you guys to restore it to it’s former glory?
I just want to say what a fantastic bike rack. I got my hi-rise last Thursday and love it. Lives up to everything I have heard about them
Thanks for replying so quickly and for offering to send out the additional part for my Hi-Ride. My address is (removed). Once more, your excellent after sales service shines through (I must say, that was one of the things I mentioned to my two riding buddies who both then bought Hi Ride carriers from you).
The shipment arrived in good order today. Assembly on the car was easy. It did take some time to get the adjustments right to suit the bikes, but probably no longer than the first fitting with the old beak style carrier I had. Most important
was that it was less strain on my bad back. Congratulations on the thought that went into the design and on the quality of the workmanship.
Hi Guys, Just letting you know that I ordered a hi-ride carrier off you a week ago and it arrived yesterday. After I fitted it and drove with it I simply couldn't believe the build quality of it.I would recommend this brand to anyone. Just letting you know. Keep up the good work because its fantastic. Cheers
Hi Gripsport, I just had to write and let you guys know what we think of your new Hi-Ride carrier. We’ve had all manner of bike racks over the years including some damn expensive roof racks, but once we got some decent quality bikes (C/Fibre etc) I knew we were going to need something that would protect our new toys when travelling. And without a doubt the Hi-ride is not only the best at protecting the toys (no more risk of driving under carports etc) but it is quickest and easiest thing weve ever used. My wife thanks you! And of course so do I. So good to see an aussie design that is tough, simple and easy to use. All the best.
Gday Gripsport, Heres some photos of us using the high ride rack I got off you some time back. Its an awesome carrier, its so quick to load/unload and even though Ive got both a wagon & a ute I still use the carrier because its SO easy. I get a lot of comments about it too, so I certainly hope some of these have turned into sales for you!
It is easy to be positive about this rack – its an excellent product that i promote widely. The prompt and helpful after sales service also matches the approach of the original sale – I trust you are as successful as you deserve.